Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
At Last!
Hello to my friends at the GG. For some reason, I've not been able to even get on to the GG site for some months. Likewise for my bro' Stu.I kept getting a server reset or something and no access. Then Bingo! today I tried as usual and got on as (what should be) normal.
If for some reason I can't get back here, my email is in my user CP, keep in touch Howard, Greg...
I'm on duty on the coast Guard Radio today, but with 60 knot winds forecast I doubt it will be very busy today.
Haven't been out fishing for a while; since living here at the beach the attitude is sort of 'tomorrow will be nice as well, may go out then'..
if i was still living on/near the farm and come here, I'd be out hell or high water!
So it looks like i have a fair bit of reading to catch up on what is going on in the GG world, hope all is well with you all.
Winter here in NZ has now properly set in, Stu spent 5 weeks on one of his trips to the Solomon Is., regrets coming back to this darn weather. My Granddaughters will be here for a week or two next week, that'll keep us on our toes, in a couple of years our grandson will be able to stay as well. What funRolleyes
Cheers, Bob
Have been wondering where our 2 favorite Kiwi's had been off to. Hope you will be able to stay in touch. If not in the future I will send off an email, as we have done in the past.

Good hearing from you.
In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made non Fishermen.
Good to hear from you Bob. I have been in touch with the Superhero on occasion. As I understand it-- he is also getting a bit annoyed at the ground moving under you guys. Does that stop the asparagus from sprouting?????? lol!
There is always one more bottle of BatJuice to be drunk, one more woman to admire, and one more fish to catch before you die! Smile
Gidday Fellas. We haven't felt any 'quakes here on the Coromandel Pen., but have had to head for the hills after a couple of Tsunami warnings, the first the big quake in Samoa, second was the big one in Chile. The quake which hit Chile caused some very strong currents here(as did the Japan one). The tides were huge; e.g. there would be a very high tide and 20 minutes later a super Low tide. As you could imagine the coastal seas were very confused, with some dangerous currents! As is happened when the japan 'quake struck, we didn't get any real Tsunami warning, so were out fishing when the above case repeated itself. We were out deep and quite a way from land and didn't notice a thing, though listened to various warnings on the VHF. Had to keep a good lookout for logs and other debris in the water on our return, but there wasn't any damage.
Stu's asparagus hasn't started yet, but if these shocks continue,maybe they'll pop up all zigzaggy shaped! That season won't start until about October.
I had trouble getting back to this site today, dunno why, so hopefully I'll be able to pop in when I can. Cheers all, Bob
Good to see you again, Bob. I will stay in touch. Give my best to the good captain. ~~Greg~~