Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I don't even know what to say
I had called Dan this AM to set a time to take him shopping tomorrow. There was no answer on his cell when I called.

He called me just a little while ago. He is in the Hospital again. The remaining clot in his ankle and foot acted up real bad last night. He informed me that Thursday they will be amputating the leg below the knee.

I will tell you, that he was seemingly fine all yesterday afternoon. Dan had told me that they had considered the amputation previously, but they were hoping it would not come to that.

Again the wait is until the blood can be thickened before they can amputate.

I will be there in the Hospital waiting for him to come out of recovery, when we know the time. Until then he an be reached at 904-639-2417, should anyone want to call him and let him know you are there in spirit

Fellas, Prayers and good thoughts. That is all we have to offer.

Number he gave me was wrong, corrected above.
In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made non Fishermen.
Really sorry to hear about this turn Howard. Dan is in my prayers.
"Fishing is an excuse to be on the water"
Dan is in our prayers too. I hope things improve for him.
Damn that's a hard one to take. Mt Gay will cure a lot, but not if they cut it off. Hope the recovery is swift.
My dad lost his leg to vascular thrombosis. He took it well. I'd ask "How you doin', dad?" He'd respond "I can't kick!" Prosthetic limbs these days are amazing. He'll be okay. But I'm sure not smiling as I write this.

~~Greg~~
I will stop over at the Hospital tomorrow and visit awhile.

This latest kills me. He was so full of joy and stories yesterday. He seemed to enjoy the day so much and was just full of plans for next weekend, when Christine was coming.

Just be at ease that Dirt2 will be there for Dirt1
In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made non Fishermen.
The joy and stories yesterday were for the moment, and of a lifetime, Howard. You added to them.

He will be much better off with the preventative surgery, if they go forward, than the alternative. Dan will do well with his attitude.

Dan
"Fishing is an excuse to be on the water"
just back from our trip north and read this... prayers are with Capt Dan ... hope all goes well..
What a disappointment for him.... but in time it wont seem so bleak.... sad now thou....
There is always one more bottle of BatJuice to be drunk, one more woman to admire, and one more fish to catch before you die! Smile
Was at the Hospital yesterday to see Dan. Right now he is scheduled for surgery tomorrow. He was in good spirits then and kidding with the 3 Gals that were doing a Respiratory work up on him. That was followed by a Respiratory Doctor. I have to admit that did not sound real encouraging. He is in some pain and his foot has turned black. That must be why they are doing the amputation.

I spoke to him later in the early evening and he sounded groggy. I am hoping it was just medication.

Just called again awhile ago to see if he knew what time the surgery would be tomorrow, as I intend to be there in the afternoon, hopefully to be there when he comes out of it. He did not sound real good. I asked if they were medicating him, but he was having a hard time speaking. I will try again this evening and I will be there tomorrow.

Keep those Prayer wheels spinning.Sad