Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yahooooooooo
No, Obummer didn't resign. But it started to rain about 2 AM. Then it dropped to 20* and that froze. Then the sleet hit. Now it's 16* and snowing. Wind is north at 30. And, no, I didn't drive the 30 miles to work as the idiots have every possible rout blocked with accidents. I started a fire at 6:30 AM and the cats and I have been sleeping in ftont of it since Big Grin

I said I was waiting for the school bond election in May to see if I have a job for another year. Right now I'm working on my "VOTE NO on BOND PROPOSITION" signs.

Y'all in Florida save me some of that bat juice!
"Fishing is an excuse to be on the water"
JD, there is always plenty of Rum (not that Bat Crap) in the Hacienda Brody. Y'all come on down, y'hear.

Actually, I do have Bacardi in the house, as that is the swill my Bride of 30 years drinks. As you can see being married to me for 30 years, shows her taste. :p
In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made non Fishermen.
When I saw the news this morning, I told Stacy "Dan's getting hit again". I ran down to the boat before lunch to fire up the cabin heater one more time. If this stuff doesn't dry up before tonight, Houston is going to be the ice skating capital of South Texas by morning. It sure has been good for the heater biz. We sold four this morning and it's dropped 10 degrees since then.
Just went out to the mailbox and it's getting better. Wind chill is up to 2* Smile Here's where we spent the day:

By the way, that shotgun is an antique that used to belong to f-i-l.

Here's what I know about it - It's an H&A single barrel so it was manufactured between 1869 and 1917 - no date or serial number: "The Hopkins and Allen company was founded in 1868 by S. S. Hopkins, C. W. Hopkins and C. H. Allen. The company experienced financial difficulties and in 1898 was reorganized as the Hopkins & Allen Arms Co. A fire in 1900 hurt them and in 1901, they were forced to merged with the Forehand Arms Company. The manufacture of Hopkins and Allen firearms ceased in 1917 when the plant was taken over by Marlin-Rockwell Corporation for the war time production of Browning automatic rifle components. Hopkins and Allen was well known for the many models of inexpensive revolvers and shotguns."

p.s. Howard - The Bacardi will do just fine Wink
"Fishing is an excuse to be on the water"
I believe my father inlaw brought a similar one to my wedding Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Seriously that is one cool heirloom my friend.