Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Garden
Well after alot of cool weather and some much needed rain the garden is shaping up.In that mess is bell pepper, mexican strawberries (jalapeno peppers) sweet pepper, pickle,radishes,green beans,squash,one cherry tomato,and 7 celebrity tomatoes plants.life is good!

[Image: Whiskey046.jpg]

[Image: Whiskey046.jpg]
Looks far too healthy Rusty..where are the Twinkie and Cheezie plants?? Big Grin
There is always one more bottle of BatJuice to be drunk, one more woman to admire, and one more fish to catch before you die! Smile
The fence around your garden, is that to keep out the people next door. The holes in the fence are to big to keep out rabbits.
Dan
That's a nice patch, Rusty. I am going to put in some pumpkins later this year. With the well, I have plenty of cheap water now and I have always wanted a couple of rows of garden.
Bryan, I planted tweekies my father gave me in the 60s, but they just don't seem to change?? Dan, it's hard to tell from the picture, but the fence starts at the bottom with 2x6 in. squares and gets larger the higher you go to 6x6in. It's primarily to keep goats or cows in or out. We use it to keep the deer out. I never had to hook up the electric to the top, but you can see it on the yellow holders and white wire. I think the deer won't jump over a fence that has an object on the other side that might break a leg. Just a thought. Mont,I had to build the garden above ground because we have so much rock, as you can see from the garden wall. It's 8-20 and produces plenty of food for Darlene and I year round. We will can many pickles and hot sauces this summer. I still have a freezer full of brocolli from this past winter.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  my Dad's garden made the paper this morning Mont 15 2,354 10-10-2015, 05:05 PM
Last Post: JD
  Garden SpeckTackler 14 2,319 05-02-2013, 12:06 PM
Last Post: Bryan/BC