Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well Show us some FISH
How was the fishing?:confused:
you missed a good one, Jack

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Looks like a GREAT timeSmile . Drink one for me guys and keep the pictures coming.Rusty
geez.. nice fish with good GG times once again...guess I missed it by a stinkin' day...

having just gotten back from a trip up north to AC and then up to Yo Brooklyn..older relatives... and Long Island.. more relatives... for Thanxgiving...was back home all of three days... we're off traveling again tomorrow ( Friday) early AM ...heading down that way for a cruise on Sunday.. actually two 10 day back to back cruises out of Ft Laud ...Dec 3 thru Dec 23
Thanks for posting the pix, Monty. Sorry you couldn't join us for the fresh fish dinner. Hope you feel beter by morning.

The seas were forecast at 4 to 6 feet. There were some that I looked straight out at & could see about the middle of. It was a rough morning, but by afternoon, the seas had subsided considerably. Tomorrow will be a lot more comfortable, thank goodness. I would worry about having 9 year old Joshua on board in seas like today's.

We picked away at the fish today. We wound up catching enopugh to feed everybody well. Joe Georgia probably acquitted himself as well as anybody on board. He brought in the only dolphin, as well as a yellowtail snapper or two of real decent size.

I have never seen as many triggerfish caught on a fishing trip in my life, & never have I seen triggers of the size we caught today. There were a half dozen or so that were as big as most ocean tallies. The first big one to come aboard, though, was just the head & gills. Shark bite.

It took us until the latter part of the trip to do so, but we finally scored a few legal mutton snappers.

Johnny B. Fishin' caught his share of decent fish, & finished off the trip with a release model 6 foot sand shark.

That was the first time in ages I have been on a trip that was more than 4 hours. I am tired, but I'll be doing a 4 hour trip with Randy & Jeri & Joshua & Monty in the morning.

~~Greg~~
Nice job guys. Looking forward to some more tomorrow.
Acouple of other things, Jack. Captain Jason, later in the trip, dropped down & 12" yellowtail live. Something picked it up & took drag for about five minutes before he turned its head. The hook pulled a few minutes later, & the bait came back up still alive. Because of the little damage, it may have been a grouper instead of a shark or 'cuda.

Come to find out, neither BatBreath nor Joe had ever tried your cheese sauce recipe. I fixed that last night with dolphin & yellowtail. They loved it.

~~Greg~~
I caught the boat again this morning at 7. It felt good to have some sleep last night and I basically hit the hotel room and watched Patton until I fell asleep. Not the most exciting way to spend vacation, but certainly enjoyable.

The seas this morning were much more settled, but still in the 5 foot range. But the wind had changed directions, and that made the ride a lot better. Instead of hitting them head on, we ran them on our beam. We had a youngster on board. He helped me with reeling in some of my catch. I got 2 and 2 2/3'rds snappers, and lots of exotics. The exotics over here are aquarium fish. It was a good day, I actually got to see my hotel in daylight for the first time and enjoyed a great lunch with Snakeman. It was the first time since I got sick last Sunday I have been able to eat like I normally do, lol.

On the way in, "Ed's Toy" about ran us over. I don't know the story, but he was in a big hurry. Here's a few pics of my last full day in Florida. I am going to stand out like a sore thumb tomorrow in the airport. My tan is nearing perfection.

and a few more

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Getting to the fish faster JD 9 942 02-26-2017, 05:09 PM
Last Post: JD
  Fish ID for the Gulf x-perts JD 2 702 10-02-2016, 10:11 AM
  Tired of losing big, toothy Atlantic Ocean fish! Suggestions? Seahawk@Fl. 3 911 03-17-2015, 06:51 AM
  There are those who will fish today..... JD 28 3,106 03-07-2015, 11:00 PM
Last Post: ~~Snakeman~~
  Miami boat show Mont 11 1,585 12-01-2014, 05:55 PM
Last Post: Mont
  Fish species ID? duff_vbulletin3_import1 1 973 09-12-2014, 11:03 PM
Last Post: ~~Snakeman~~
  Illegal to feed the fish?? duff_vbulletin3_import1 5 855 03-21-2014, 11:17 PM
  annual Myrtle Beach Oldies Car Show PK 1 692 03-21-2014, 11:14 PM
  Fish? Joe/GA 0 736 01-18-2014, 07:53 AM