Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting Close
Here's the list I have for the fishing trip on the last day of the month, Thursday the 30th: Bryan B.C., Monty, Joe Georgia, Howard Jax, Johnny B. Fishin', & Professor Pandion. If any of you will not be making it, or if there are any additions I am unaware of, please let me know. As it stands, this will be a full day trip, from 7 to 3. I will be your mate. I will try not to get in your way.

We should catch a mess of snappers. We will enjoy the heck out of the day.

~~Greg~~
Sounds great, Greg! Thanks for setting it up! Big Grin
Time's Fun When You're Having Flies!
Really looking forward to getting together with everyone! Many Thanks Greg. Smile
There is always one more bottle of BatJuice to be drunk, one more woman to admire, and one more fish to catch before you die! Smile
Gregs a great guy! He first set us up a couple of years ago to fish with him and every trip with him has been "one of the best fishing trips" my family and I have been on. Very much looking forward to getting down there and doing it again in a couple of weeks.
It's always been a gas fishing with your family, Randy. We'll be doing it again the day after the all day trip. The way I feel right now, after only a morning trip in snotty seas, I figure to be a whipped puppy by the time both trips are done.

For the all day trip,on Thursday, if the conditions are right, i.e. not much current &/or a north wind, we might venture out into deeper water than we normally fish in, like 350 feet. There we would hope to catch snowy grouper & Kitty Mitchell grouper, bigger than normal vermilion snapper, & rose perch. If the conditions are not right for that, we'll stay in closer, fishing between 90 & 140 feet, expecting yellowtail, mutton & mangrove snappers, as well as other reef fish.

Today's trip was a little slow, with 5 guys fishing, but we still managed 4 legal muttons, and a handful of yellowtail & mangroves. There were a couple of cero mackerels caught, which doesn't happen often here. We also caught a bunch of blue runners, which I will smoke & turn into fish dip for the two upcoming trips.

I'll not be fishing this coming week, so I'll be extra ready come the thirtieth.

~~Greg~~
Like OPRAH, am crying my eyes out cause I wasn`t invited.
You cad you Mr. Snakeman. Sad
The invitation to you is open ended, my friend. I didn't think you'd be able to make the flight, but if you're up to it, come on down.

~~Greg~~
Well, catch-em-up, fellas. Think of me when you're hauling in those big snappers....
Greg, if the boat is going again Friday morning, I want in. My flight lands at 5:45PM on Wed the 29th. I should be in my room at the Best Western Seaspray Inn by 7ish.
Thanks Greg, just kidding. Am lucky to just make it to the bathroom.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  too too close... PK 7 994 09-03-2016, 05:37 AM
Last Post: PK
  drought pics & a fire close to home Mont 3 1,161 09-14-2011, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Mont
  we got close to a foot of rain Mont 4 1,066 04-19-2009, 11:26 AM
  gettin' close to rally time Mont 20 5,292 06-30-2007, 04:42 PM