Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elk? I didnt want any stinking elk anyway.
:p

Well gave it a good shot but things just didnt come together. The bulls just would not cooperate and I didnt have enough duct tape to make an instant sex change happen on any of the cows I saw by transplanting pointy things on thier heads.

The weather during the hunt, bad luck ( I was SOOOO close a couple of times) and impatiance did me in.. I left the mountains a couple of days early as the weather got really nasty with almost blizzard conditions in the high country. In the valley bottoms, torrential rain made creeping around in the thickets less than enjoyable. Such is life-- had fun, but no elk steaks to bring to Florida at the end of the month...:o
There is always one more bottle of BatJuice to be drunk, one more woman to admire, and one more fish to catch before you die! Smile
What?! No Elk steaks?!?! That's unacceptable! Big Grin Sorry that you didn't have any luck, Bryan. No Moose Muffins either, eh?Sad Big Grin
Time's Fun When You're Having Flies!
Bryan,Sorry to here that you never got a chance at one of the big guys. The weather here has been hot(80 degrees) and with the full moon the deer were not moving much.Also the Oak trees have been dropping tons of acorns.I past on a nice eight pointer last week.I new that if I pull the trigger that I would be in for alot of work,and I had to be at work the next day.A good cold front is coming and the full moon is gone.There is going to be some blood shed very soon.:eek: I hope to have the smoker working over time.Life is
Good! Rusty
Sorry you didn't get your elk...but you have caught so many salmon, halibut, etc, that you don't have much room to complain...Big Grin

Meanwhile, if you ever pass near Washington, DC, let me know...I'll fill you so full of venison you won't feel red-meat deprived....Wink

I've killed 3 whitetails this fall, and regular gun season isn't even here yet...Cool