Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Truck interior rod racks
Would you believe that a 2008 Tahoe is 2" wider inside than a 1999 Suburban? Getting ready for our September fishing trip I found out this trinket of wordly wisdom when I put the old racks in to check for rod length clearance.

No problemo - off to Lowes for some new 1x2 oak strips Rolleyes

Pics of Tahoe installation when I'm finished......here's the old 'burban:

"Fishing is an excuse to be on the water"
Sure wish I could get that organized with my gear... mine just gets tossed in the back of the truck... which might explain why I have 4 broken rod tips waiting for repairs. Rolleyes
New racks are in. Can get six 7' rods in plus two broken down in a Tahoe. Now to put the misc stuff on the boat and I'm ready to travel.

No pics 'til we get a new camera - got rid of the desktop that had a floppy,
Dan: Do me a favor & either post up or e-mail me the how-to on that. Looks like the sort of thing I could do to my Honda Odyssey. That sucker has more carrying space in it than my F-150 did. ~~Greg~~
Greg - go to: http://www.fishmojo.com/forums/showthrea...light=rack

Any questions give me a shout.....fairly easy project.

Dan
Thanks, Dan. I bookmarked that & will get to work on it as soon as I'm no longer looking out for storms. Looks like the first one will go south of us & the second probably north of us. There are at least two more about to roll off Africa.

~~Greg~~
Greg
The tackle store I work at sells similar truck rod racks that would probably fit. Retail for $44.99. I have a set in my Excursion. Next time I'm over visiting my son in Jupiter (wont be for a couple of months as I'm leaving for Africa in a couple weeks Big Grin ) I'll let you know I'm coming and meet you somewhere so you can se them. If you like them, you can have my set and I'll pick up another when I get home.
AFRICA???? !!!! Come on Jack-- you cant leave it hanging like that. Details man!!!!:eek:
There is always one more bottle of BatJuice to be drunk, one more woman to admire, and one more fish to catch before you die! Smile
That might well work better for me, Jack, & I appreciate it. I looked in my van & there's only one pair of hooks. Not sure at this point how much of a modification I'll have to do inside the van to make it work.

Enjoy Africa, my friend. Don't try to use any of the snakes for fishbait.

~~Greg~~
Bryan/BC Wrote:AFRICA???? !!!! Come on Jack-- you cant leave it hanging like that. Details man!!!!:eek:

I thought everyone know about this adventure. A couple years ago, while at a Coastal Conservation Association banquet, I left the main room midway thru the live auction to help people claim the items they had purchased during the silent auction. 15 - 20 minutes later, a friend showed up where I was helping and asked. "Will you bring me a spear when you go to Africa?" I replied, I'm not going to Africa to which he responded that I better chack with my wife. She had purchased a 6 day Photo Safari to Zulu Nyala
http://www.zulunyala.com/
I added another week to include 3 days at Victoria Falls and 3 days in Cape Town. Sometime during this trip, come Hell or high water, I'm going to fish for Tiger Fish I'm Leaving Sept 7.Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  got some steps for the truck Mont 0 673 07-24-2015, 02:43 PM
Last Post: Mont
  three steps closer to getting the truck legal Mont 26 2,623 05-07-2014, 08:29 PM
Last Post: Mont
  Get the number of that truck! ~~Snakeman~~ 12 1,812 06-03-2012, 06:26 PM
Last Post: Joe/GA
  finally took delivery on the new truck Mont 4 1,357 06-24-2008, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Bryan/BC
  ordered myself a new truck today Mont 10 1,959 05-08-2008, 10:09 PM
Last Post: Joe/GA