Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Loss of a Grouper
I received news of the passing of Don Chesworth today. Here is a bit that he wrote, and his obituary.

"You're probably all wondering why I called you here today,
well this is the last time I will make an 'ASH' of myself.

So lighten up good people and make this a party instead
of a wake and later you might bend the elbow once for me.

I have had a good life especially the last 55 with the greatest
wife a man could have and a wonderful son.
Also, great fishing buddies, friends and neighbors. I love you all dearly.

So I am off on another adventure but not sure where,
maybe we will all meet again.

I bid you all farewell, happiness and good health,
and may the good Lord bless you all.

'It is finished'..."

"Donald W. Chesworth died Friday, September 19, 2008 at his home after a long illness. He was 84. He was born Apr. 22, 1924 in St. John, New Brunswick, Canada, the son of the late Stanley and Frances Chesworth. Survivors include his wife of 55 years, Marilyn Chesworth of Gridley; one son, Scott, and daughter-in-law, Tracy of San Francisco; and numerous nieces and nephews.

During World War II, Mr. Chesworth served with the Royal Canadian Navy in the North Atlantic and Caribbean, leaving with the rank of Lt. Commander. He was a retired systems analyst who had worked many years for the Western Pacific Railroad and RCA. He was a 32nd Degree Mason and an avid fisherman.

In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Lung Association. Funeral services will be held Saturday, October 11, 2008 at 2PM at Gridley United Methodist Church with Rev. Coker officiating. Cremation services were provided by the Neptune Society. Per his request, Mr. Chesworth’s ashes will be scattered at sea during a private family ceremony."
I am very sorry to hear he is gone-- but I am even sorryier that I never had the chance to personally meet Don. But the emails back and forth over the years, left me with the firm realization that Don was the proverbial "Class Act"

Hope there is a monster lingcod with his name on it, up where he has gone.
RIP.

Bryan
Like Bryan, I never had the pleasure of meeting Don; but he was a class act. I've had numerous "conversations" with him over the years and will miss him. I hope he is reeling in a big one, right now! My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.
Time's Fun When You're Having Flies!
a very sad day indeed... our thoughts and condolences to his family... a classy man now up there 'fishing' along with Patrick D.
Wish time would slow down for awhile...

Don sure will be missed. Here are some pictures to enjoy:

[Image: baja1.jpg]
Don liked fishing in Baja...

[Image: baja2.jpg]

[Image: baja3.jpg]

[Image: baja4.jpg]

[Image: merchant.jpg]

[Image: kingsalmon68.jpg]

There are some more 'colorful' pictures that he sent me, along with some great stories here for those who are interested...
What a great loss of a Green Grouper and a friend.I will miss the stories of fishing the Baja in his small aluminum boat and catching monster fish.They were some of the best.Tight lines my friend.Rusty
tight lines and fair winds, Don. I hope you are out catching them today.
Condolences to the ones left behind and hope that this adventure is even more enjoyable.
I was fortunate enough to have exchanged many an email with Don. A Gentleman of the first order. Go with God, you will be missed my friend.
In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made non Fishermen.
God bless.
"Fishing is an excuse to be on the water"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Grouper Grabber JD 0 976 06-04-2014, 11:08 AM
Last Post: JD
  Green Grouper at Alijos Rocks Zane 11 2,220 11-07-2012, 01:34 PM
Last Post: Zane
  opening of Gag Grouper in the Gulf Jack Hexter 2 1,319 09-17-2011, 04:20 PM
Last Post: Mont
  My first black grouper ~~Snakeman~~ 16 2,703 06-22-2010, 07:01 PM
Last Post: duff_vbulletin3_import1
  A question for all my Green Grouper friends Howard/Jax 6 1,609 06-19-2010, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Bryan/BC
  St. Pete Grouper Fishin' 7/26 duff_vbulletin3_import1 6 1,721 08-03-2008, 09:30 PM
Last Post: PK
  The Green Grouper SpeckTackler 1 1,621 12-09-2007, 10:10 AM
Last Post: JD
  the deer lease is a green as a grouper Mont 1 2,067 08-13-2007, 12:13 PM
Last Post: Joe/GA