Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
" Houston.. we got a problem"...
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics...e#contents

stay safe there Mont . looks like it's headed just below you...
Looks like it will hit more towards Corpus Chirsti.Sold my trailer a couple of months ago. So I do not have to worry about that.Looks like I will be down there boarding my sisters house up.Rusty

http://www.wunderground.com/tropical/tra...ml#a_topad
SpeckTackler Wrote:Looks like it will hit more towards Corpus Chirsti.Sold my trailer a couple of months ago. So I do not have to worry about that.Looks like I will be down there boarding my sisters house up.Rusty

sure did make a big push to the south toward the border ...
I have reservations at a big rally in Sommerville this weekend, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. The forecast track changed overnight, but it doesn't matter. If it goes south of us, we get the dirty side. I went ahead and stocked up yesterday just to be sure. I have enough gas to run the RV for 7 days and enough supplies for 10. Hopefully, Ike is heading to boystown and not here. I don't think we will know until this time on Thursday, though. Rita made a huge turn right at the last minute and missed me by 60 miles or so. That's all it takes for one to either miss or hit you. I still have Friday scheduled for vacation so I have it all covered, whichever way this bastige wants to go. The bay forecast is the one I am going by, and the boat is still going to get an extra set of lines added today. I have a dedicated set cut and ready, so it doesn't take long.

FRIDAY
NORTHEAST WINDS 15 TO 20 KNOTS BECOMING EAST 20 TO
25 KNOTS IN THE AFTERNOON. BAY WATERS CHOPPY INCREASING TO ROUGH
IN THE AFTERNOON. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS.

FRIDAY NIGHT
TROPICAL STORM CONDITIONS POSSIBLE. EAST WINDS 20
TO 25 KNOTS. BAY WATERS ROUGH. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND
THUNDERSTORMS.

SATURDAY
TROPICAL STORM CONDITIONS POSSIBLE. SOUTHEAST WINDS
25 TO 30 KNOTS BECOMING AROUND 30 KNOTS IN THE AFTERNOON. BAY
WATERS VERY ROUGH. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS.

SATURDAY NIGHT
SOUTH WINDS 25 TO 30 KNOTS. BAY WATERS VERY
ROUGH. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS.

If that south wind part is right, the bay is going to empty out, and then fill back in, big time. A great big "flush" Smile
Mont Wrote:I have reservations at a big rally in Sommerville this weekend, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. The forecast track changed overnight, but it doesn't matter. If it goes south of us, we get the dirty side. I went ahead and stocked up yesterday just to be sure. I have enough gas to run the RV for 7 days and enough supplies for 10. Hopefully, Ike is heading to boystown and not here. I don't think we will know until this time on Thursday, though. Rita made a huge turn right at the last minute and missed me by 60 miles or so. That's all it takes for one to either miss or hit you. I

yop on that right side.. we just got a direct hit with Hanna but 'only' as a tropical storm as it made landfall moving at 20mph and was outta here fast--hit about a mile or so from the house.. been here for a couple that were close calls... that upper right side is a bummer for sure... gotta watch the tornado possibilities with that side also
Hey Rusty & Monty! You guys be safe down there. Maybe it will head into Mexico. There's probably nobody left down there anyway! Big Grin
Time's Fun When You're Having Flies!
I've been watching this one since it started up. Ever since Thursday morning, when the track had it coming into Palm Beach County, each succeeding track has moved south. If that continues..and it just might, you guys in the Houston area may well have little more than some wet weather with a tolerable breeze, which is what we have yesterday, today, & tomorrow. Not tolerable enough to fish comfortably, but nothing to put panels on the windows for. Thank God for high pressure systems.

~~Greg~~
It depends on the front that's coming from Colorado at this point. I normally go by the bay forecasts around here and it looks like somewhere between Matagorda and Rockport to me. Keeping with my plan, I got the oil changed in the truck today, and put 3 gallons in the back in jugs. I can always use the oil for the next change on the boat if nothing else. The tractor is full of diesel in case we need it. There's one tree that can still hit my house if it falls and it's going to get cut down pretty quick, if it doesn't blow down before. I cut down all the trees that could possibly hit the house a couple years ago, but left this one because it was over Reba B's doghouse and was her shade. Now, it's just a liablility. The Matagorda bay (1 big bay south) forecast is now calling for possible hurricane force winds, but they don't worry me as much as the storm surge does. If it goes in there, the surge here could be 6 or 7 feet, which isn't a big deal unless we get a lot of rain. I guess the upside of everything is Central Texas is going to get some very much needed rain. It should be an outstanding deer season. The girls are making one last run for "girls stuff" whatever that is. The boat is retied again with the storm ropes, and we are just going to kick back and wait. It's about all I can do at this point.
hey Mont-- keeping our fingers and whatever else crossed that will help you guys out down there. Our thoughts are with you .
There is always one more bottle of BatJuice to be drunk, one more woman to admire, and one more fish to catch before you die! Smile
Looks like it might be in my neck of the woods on Sat,but I am 150 miles from the beach.We need the rain badly here in the hillcountry....Here is a cool site a good friend sent me. Rusty

http://northportfire.com/hurr/

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  big night for Houston Mont 5 1,220 10-31-2017, 01:57 PM
Last Post: Mont
  Houston is doing the happy dance this morning Mont 18 2,435 10-20-2015, 01:58 PM
  Hay Mont..Houston 'in a flash' PK 3 1,221 12-20-2013, 03:54 PM
  Houston rain JD 14 2,712 04-30-2013, 06:51 PM
Last Post: SpeckTackler
  Reel problem duff_vbulletin3_import1 6 2,316 06-17-2007, 09:04 PM
Last Post: duff_vbulletin3_import1
  Houston-- We have ignition!! Bryan/BC 31 8,494 10-09-2006, 08:24 PM
Last Post: ~~Snakeman~~