Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
they are friggin' lined up in the Atlantic..
http://www.wunderground.com/tropical Hanna plus a couple of more right behind..

looks like Hanna is gonna make a turn to the NW by the end of the week toward mid Ga.. and getting too darn close to Calabash... not nice...
http://www.wunderground.com/tropical/tra...ml#a_topad Sad :mad:
I was about to say that the other two were no problem, but after the 1700 update, the one behind Hanna is pointing towards me! Yikes! It's funny, I've been spending the weekend getting things ready for a whole house generator to be installed. Maybe I'm tempting the damm things! :eek: I have natural gas in my house. I did all of that myself a couple of years ago. 180 feet of pipe! 3 full sticks (21 feet) went in the attic as well as some shorter ones. That was a fun job by myself! Anyway, I was plumbing the lines for the generator today. Tomorrow, I'll tie it in to the system and I'll be ready when the Electrician shows up on Wednesday. Ya gotta be licensed to do the electrical or I would do that too! :p
Time's Fun When You're Having Flies!
Joe/GA Wrote:I was about to say that the other two were no problem, but after the 1700 update, the one behind Hanna is pointing towards me! Yikes!:p

I sure ain't too happy with Hanna and it's forecast track...:mad:
http://www.nrlmry.navy.mil/tc_pages/tc08...atest.html
good luck my friends. Ya know those small earthquakes every 5 years or so aren't so bad, and the shoveling snow you kinda get used to. Seriously, keep your heads down and stay safe.
Zane
..and per the usual with storms forecasted like this one.. they just kicked it up the coast a bit with the latest 7am advisaryfrom a Savannah touchdown nearer to Charleston... we're just 100 miles north of Charleston....arrrggghhhhhhhhhh
if it's any consolation, NOAA was full of it with the one we got. No eye wall, and nothing on land recorded much over 60 miles an hour. We spent over 600 million dollars getting NOLA residents out of the way and nothing happened. The edge of the hurricane warning area was on the other side of the bay from me and the biggest gust I got at the house was 16 MPH. As the crow flies, that warning area is about 20 miles from my slip. Overforcasted is an understatement. I hope y'all just get some rain and not much else. We didn't even get a drop.
Geeze Mont!! You sound downright disappointed that all hell didnt break loose!!!! :p
There is always one more bottle of BatJuice to be drunk, one more woman to admire, and one more fish to catch before you die! Smile
Bryan, the last one that "hit" the only people killed were evacuees. This time, we blew major buck for nothing. The boy who cried wolf is gonna come back to haunt us if they keep it up.
Mont Wrote:Bryan, the last one that "hit" the only people killed were evacuees. This time, we blew major buck for nothing. The boy who cried wolf is gonna come back to haunt us if they keep it up.

that's exactly what happened around here after Floyd hit in '99.. was supposedly coming up the coast as a Cat 4.. saw that.. thought about what Jack always said about a Cat 4 and Andrew.. so we got the heck outta here over to Atlanta for a few days.. I'd do it again in a heartbeat..plus there were too many Tornados as it passed thru.. talking to a lot of people around here .. they wouldn't leave no matter what it is anymore after seeing that it fell apart and only came thru as a light Cat 2.. not a good idea...

as far as I'm concerned ..I'd be outta here and State Farm can come get THEIR house after it washed away into Little River Inlet.. just write me the check..Big Grin
Hey PK, I spoke to NOAA today and despite the fact that it is getting closer and closer to landfall in Calabash, there is no room in the Ark for you. They said because it is 2 x 2, they know there is not another PK in this world.Big Grin Wink Big Grin
In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made non Fishermen.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tired of losing big, toothy Atlantic Ocean fish! Suggestions? Seahawk@Fl. 3 911 03-17-2015, 06:51 AM
Last Post: JD