Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prop puller
I bought a new prop and need to install before the weekend - went to lookup instructions on how to do this and apparently I need a prop puller tool? Is there any way to use something makeshift for this?
Huh?? Prop should just slide on and off the splined shaft. Never had to use a wheel/prop puller to take one off. Straighten and pull cotter key out of shaft/crown nut or bend tabs down that are holding nut from turning, unscrew and pull the prop off the shaft. Make sure you grease the shaft well before putting it (or a new prop) back on. I pull my prop a couple times a year to make sure there's no mono behind it that could (and will) cut and destroy the seal.
Unless it is a Bronze wheel for an inboard, Jack is right. We have prop pullers here. They are called mechanics. Once in awhile someone will have a prop on that has been there for years without service, then it might require putting some heat to it to free up.
In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made non Fishermen.
I thought to myself before posting if I am asking a dumb question... :o

That's what I get for looking stuff up instead of just jumping in head first! Big Grin
Hey Duff, you are our computer guy. We don't figure you know EVERYTHING. Big Grin

BTW do not feel bad. I got a message from Bryan wanting to know where he could buy prop wash.
In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made non Fishermen.
Where's the drain plug located on my compass? It has been over 300 hours since I changed the compass fluid... lol
" slowly I turn..step by step.. inch by inch....."
http://youtube.com/watch?v=GPGrTVI7s1k

I know you really didn't mention " DRAIN PLUG" in the same thread that the Great Howardo is posting in... :eek:

..and I .. as a truly KIND man.. will not even start up with the DRAIN PLUG caper again...
Ray

But, you just had to. LOL

Ray, they ought to return you to the Village from whence you came, tie you to a post in the Village Square and have all the local Canines severely urinate on you.Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

I am glad I am 72 already and will more then likely not have to hear that story from you for more then another 20+ years.

I will not fail to remind you that just 2 days after that was when we had that great, great day at the Boil.
YUK YUK YUK :eek: Big Grin
Hey Big DanS, it was your fault. Right after I tied up the boat, Johnny and I went and had a few with you down the road and then came back for a taste of Mt. Gay in your room.

No harm no foul. Switched on the bilge pump after we leaned over and put in the plug and about 200 gallons later we were right as rain. Would not have happened if the auto bilge switch had not come loose or I had been smart enough to check the plug. Wink Big Grin Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prop Buster Busted JD 3 1,780 11-22-2013, 09:18 AM
Last Post: Mont
  New prop - big difference duff_vbulletin3_import1 1 1,697 07-01-2008, 12:02 PM
Last Post: Bryan/BC
  Prop question duff_vbulletin3_import1 5 2,216 06-12-2008, 01:12 PM
Last Post: Howard/Jax