Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Get your rain suit ready, Mont!
There's not too much to report here. 8" of rain, wind topped out a 22. As long as we don't run low on bat juice, it should be all good. The rain this morning made for good sleeping.
Wishing everyone safe passage.
Friday morning around 7 am it was a tropical storm and possible a cat one.Then by 10 am I get a alert to get the h$ll out of dodge.It is a cat3 possible cat 4 by the time it hits land and it is coming right at us with a Mandatory evacuation. Dar and I only had time to board up the windows and doors. The neighbors were not there so I put all there outside stuff in there garage. We grabbed about four days of clothes each.Picked up the guns and a hand full of rod and reels and left. The eye hit Rockport and the devastation is everywhere. It is worse than what the news is saying. I have been told all my privacy fence is down and all my palm trees are uprooted and there were about 15 of them.My garage fell down on top of my boat and it is full of tools and fishing gear. A friend drove by and said that the house was in great shape, but all he saw was the front half. I am going to try to go early in the morning and grab some clothes, tv, and anything I can get. I am sure the thugs will being taking anything they can find
Life is good!
stay safe Rusty.. good luck
Glad you all are safe Rusty. Was hoping to hear from you soon.

The rain and thunder woke me up. I can still see the docks above water. But the roads and bayous are probably taking a beating.
"Fishing is an excuse to be on the water"
We'll be praying for all you Texacans. Stay safe!
Time's Fun When You're Having Flies!
Looks like Tiki Island will get a real close look that Harvey Wednesday. Hopefully won't strengthen any more than a tropical storm:

[Image: 093137_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png]
"Fishing is an excuse to be on the water"
Unbelievable ! Watching the news there is so much devastation that its hard to comprehend. Stay safe folks.
There is always one more bottle of BatJuice to be drunk, one more woman to admire, and one more fish to catch before you die! Smile
I just saw someone who looked just like Monty Weeks in the background during a live report on the Weather Channel (if it wasn't Monty, then he has a doppelganger in Baytown). Has anyone heard from him?

Edit: Oops, I just saw his post above.
The devestation is unbelievable in Rockport. Everyone had some type of damage. I only get internet or phone when I get supplies in the big city of Corpus Christi. So many are people homeless and living with other. I will post some pictures later.
Life is good!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Happy Birthday Mont PK 2 551 09-15-2017, 09:32 PM
Last Post: Mont
  Mont - Dickinson Bayou? JD 8 907 09-04-2017, 05:04 PM
Last Post: Mont
  A little rain JD 5 1,334 12-09-2016, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Bryan/BC
  Happy Birthday Mont PK 5 916 09-18-2016, 06:56 PM
Last Post: Bryan/BC
  Hay Mont Re : 2coolfishing PK 9 1,245 06-17-2016, 02:13 PM