Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Get your rain suit ready, Mont!
Looks like Texas could get the kind of rain that only PK loves! :p

https://www.wunderground.com/hurricane/a...orm-harvey
Time's Fun When You're Having Flies!
We're in the 25"+ forecast. If we take our cut of 3" that leaves 22" for Ray ;-)

In the morning comes the haul-out decision. I can take a 5' surge in the boat lift back here on Tiki Island. More than that will float the boat out of the sling (have some heavy lines fore and aft so it doesn't end up in Ft. Worth.) But we're going to ride it out unless the track turns farther east.

Tomorrow will tell the tale.
"Fishing is an excuse to be on the water"
hay guys... hope all goes as well as can be expected and that PITA storm moves out faster than they say it will..

and this Ray does NOT need any more rain..
Hope you Texacans stay safe.
Time's Fun When You're Having Flies!
First rain bands coming thru this morning. Very little wind - yet. It appears that the thing slowed down but is drifting a bit west of north. Looks like it'll come in south of, or at, Corpus Christi. Decided to not haul out yet as the storm surge forecast for Tiki Island indicates 1-3' this morning instead of the 6' last evening.

Possible bad news for this area is it has the potential to hit land and then drift this way. Have the trailer hitched to the truck just in case.

The ones that need a prayer are those from Matagorda south. A lot of the coastal homes in those towns are not on pilings. So a 12' surge can be devastating.

No fishing report today :-(
I sincerely hope all you guys weather the storm well. Rusty bugged out today. He has lost access to the green board, so I gave him Duff & Monty's e-addresses. ~~Greg~~
Rusty needed to leave. Most of that area is in the 4'-12' surge area. As I recall his pictures he's at ground level. We just had our first tornado warning here. Should come ashore this evening......and stick. Then it's supposed to turn north toward this area.

Helped my neighbor haul out earlier. I'm still in as the current estimate is 3'-4'. If the storm does come up the coast I'm going to haul out also (besides, need to do the 200 hour thing on the engine).

And the 2nd tornado warning just hit the phone. Looks like it's going to be a long 24 hours.
That is one menacing storm... hope that it doesn't cause too much damage, and I hope you guys and your families are safe!
The storm came ashore at Rockport last evening as a category 4. First reports this morning are heavy damage in that area.

Heavy rains here and winds around 45. Water is at the top pf the dock so at this point it's about 1.5' above normal with high tide at 8am.
hope all is well for you Texas GG's after the landfall last nite.. stay safe

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Happy Birthday Mont PK 2 549 09-15-2017, 09:32 PM
Last Post: Mont
  Mont - Dickinson Bayou? JD 8 905 09-04-2017, 05:04 PM
Last Post: Mont
  A little rain JD 5 1,320 12-09-2016, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Bryan/BC
  Happy Birthday Mont PK 5 916 09-18-2016, 06:56 PM
Last Post: Bryan/BC