Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting to the fish faster
3100 HP - Cigarette Marauder AMG unveiled at the Miami International Boat Show

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

"Fishing is an excuse to be on the water"
The one guy driving it with the bad back says a lot. 20 knots will do me just fine these days. 7 knots when it's snotty.
I figured if it was propped right, a 6' chop would never hit fore of the transom for a realllllly smooth ride Wink

By the way, Wednesday might be a jetty day if the forecast holds.
Don't forget the accessories that go along with it... ;-)

[Image: BoAtZBenzzz-PLacement-626x383.jpg]
JD Wrote:By the way, Wednesday might be a jetty day if the forecast holds.

One of these days, a post like that will be following with mine saying I will meet you at the dock. Wink
Mont Wrote:One of these days, a post like that will be following with mine saying I will meet you at the dock. Wink

Better hurry or all the catfish will be gone Smile Slim pickin's inshore. Yes, I need another hand for rigs and wrecks. I've got enough wreck locations within 10 miles to keep us busy until our kids retire. The guy I used to charter out of the old Tiki marina did wrecks and he was good at finding fish especially snapper and cobia.
My Furuno quit again, so it got replaced. I have it all under control, Dan. All we have to do is program it to "find fish" and it will be all good. Wink I am going down to the boat in the morning to do the install. With any luck, I will be out on the bay for lunch. I can just reset the mode to "fish catcher" and "clean fish" and it will be a first rate, first mate.

Maybe by noon the wind will have dropped to 15 or so........ Cool Blowing 25-35 at the moment. Yes, sounders and finders have come a long way from the days of flashers Smile
It works nicely. I hate the white starboard behind it I cut to make it fit, so I ordered some black starboard that will be here Friday. It's a 1000 watt unit. I think I am going to upgrade the transducer and do a haul and powerwash while it's out. I never have been able to get a reliable depth above 20 knots and they make some newer transducers to help with that. Mine runs pretty bow proud and it's the angle that screws it up. If I trim it flat with the tabs, it will work but then you get water on the windshield.

The bottom is intermittent on my Garmin above 25. I see enough to tell me the depth. 'course, I don't run at 25 if I really need to know the depth (read West Bay)Rolleyes

The 3210 bundle I have needs upgrading but not on this boat. Next one Wink Garmin doesn't support the unit anymore and the driver for the micro SD writer won't work on anything newer that Windows XP.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fish ID for the Gulf x-perts JD 2 867 10-02-2016, 10:11 AM
Last Post: JD
  Tired of losing big, toothy Atlantic Ocean fish! Suggestions? Seahawk@Fl. 3 1,172 03-17-2015, 06:51 AM
Last Post: JD
  There are those who will fish today..... JD 28 4,598 03-07-2015, 11:00 PM
Last Post: ~~Snakeman~~
  Fish species ID? duff_vbulletin3_import1 1 1,189 09-12-2014, 11:03 PM
  rode faster, flew higher and had more fun than ever before today Mont 8 1,342 05-19-2014, 06:45 PM
Last Post: PK
  Illegal to feed the fish?? duff_vbulletin3_import1 5 1,023 03-21-2014, 11:17 PM
Last Post: Mont
  Fish? Joe/GA 0 897 01-18-2014, 07:53 AM
Last Post: Joe/GA
  not the way to catch a fish PK 2 1,259 07-25-2013, 06:58 AM
  Time to fish Zane 11 2,804 02-20-2013, 10:06 AM
Last Post: Howard/Jax
  Sometimes its not just about catching fish... Bryan/BC 4 1,396 10-28-2012, 06:14 AM
Last Post: Joe/GA