Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dan Gavin
Tomorrow around noon. Dan will have his Military service at Jacksonville National Cemetery. If you get a chance and are so prone, lift a glass in that direction. I will be delivering the Eulogy and hoping I get through it without losing it.Sad
In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made non Fishermen.
God bless Dan and I am sure you'll do well with the eulogy Howard. A few chokes and tears are expected.
"Fishing is an excuse to be on the water"
you'll do good Howard.. a final salute to Dan
The service was just done so well. Full Military honors. Navy Chaplin, flag folders and a 3 Man rifle salute, firing 3 times each. The Jacksonville National Cemetery is just beautiful. Dan's ashes rest in a wall chamber.

I did get through the Eulogy. Admittedly a few chokes and cracking of the voice.

In Puerto Vallarta, Mexico where we spent so many trips together, 2 of our favorite places had a drink of his Black Rum sitting on the Bar all day along with his picture. One of the places also acts as the local VFW post.

I have been looking at digital pictures of our times in Ft. Pierce. Those days and all of you that were there, will be precious memories.
In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made non Fishermen.
so glad all worked out so well on a sad occasion .. a nice man
God bless him and rest his soul.
Time's Fun When You're Having Flies!
Amen! ~~Greg~~

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RIP Gavin Sneed duff 1 317 12-12-2019, 12:38 AM
Last Post: Bryan/BC