Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The joys of home ownership
Now the real fun begins and hopefully finished b4 Christmas: Main beam and joist sag repair between kitchen and living room, new dock, boat lift, elevator and new fridge and trash compactor. New kitchen counters, sink, disposal, stove and hardwood floors in LR, kitchen and hall. Knew all this before setting final purchase price. Should get noisy around here. Keeping up with Mont is going to be tough Big Grin

Looks like some good December fishing weather settling in also Smile Much better in the 60's than the 40's.
"Fishing is an excuse to be on the water"
I am gonna need a good divorce lawyer if my contractors don't hurry up. I read them the riot act so many times, I have it memorized. Our master bathroom now has a floor, with cabinets going in today and granite tomorrow. Ms. Santa Clause is moping around like her dog ran away from home because she can't put her tree up yet. Come on Dec. 11th.
60* temps always betterer than 40's. Notice I am posting this from even further south than you are.Big Grin ~~Greg~~
Mont Wrote:I am gonna need a good divorce lawyer if my contractors don't hurry up.

At the rate I'm going there wouldn't be any funds for alimony Smile

Three contractors so far this morning and I have good pricing on the main beam job plus a stair support that wasn't replaced with the decks, dock (full rebuild and widen the finger pier a foot) and boat lift. The elevator dude will be here in 2 hours.

Greg - I knew 300 miles further south and on the coast would make a difference and it did. Water temp is 61*.
I think that's a possible explanation of why I am still married, Dan. Nothing divided in two is still nothing. I got a bite on my M2 this morning. It will be nice to get some cash flowing in instead of out.
Well, next week is the final week of contractors. The mirror goes back up on Tuesday and most of next week is just painting. After that, I have to get all the oil spots off the driveway and wait on Santa.
Took a morning off and slammed the Croaker Big Grin Absolutely gorgeous out there....sunny, upper 60's and no wind.
I had the obligatory company Christmas party to attend today, or I would have been on the water too, JD. Tomorrow is the last Monday of dealing with contractors.
Wow! Sounds like you guys (JD and Mont) are having much fun!
Time's Fun When You're Having Flies!
Not really, Joe. These contractors I hired are on the "never again list" for me. They have my bride so up in arms, I am worried there's going to be fresh dirt in a pile in the backyard when I get home. She can use a shovel.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  back home PK 17 4,020 12-22-2016, 09:09 AM
Last Post: Mont
  1st Red at the new home JD 3 1,549 04-24-2016, 08:57 AM
Last Post: SpeckTackler
  the joys of home ownership Mont 8 2,278 11-15-2015, 09:59 PM
  Boat home after 2.5 years of Texas drought JD 8 2,581 05-09-2015, 10:58 AM
Last Post: JD
  I rarely go to Home Depot JD 2 1,625 09-21-2014, 11:11 PM
Last Post: SpeckTackler
  Home protection JD 1 1,426 08-02-2012, 11:48 AM
  drought pics & a fire close to home Mont 3 1,986 09-14-2011, 04:08 PM
  new math at Home Depot Mont 3 1,969 09-10-2011, 11:22 AM
Last Post: Bryan/BC
  picked up a new iron horse on the way home from the rally Mont 11 3,271 06-14-2011, 03:55 PM
Last Post: Howard/Jax
  I'm home dans/fl2 21 4,291 05-15-2011, 09:49 PM
Last Post: ~~Snakeman~~