Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Been a pretty good couple of days
Out yesterday locally with a couple of old friends. target species was the Rodney Dangerfield of the pacific salmon world--- pink salmon. Being the smallest salmon when mature and having a habit like tuna for bleeding allover the boat when landed.. folks forget they are awesome on the BBQ or smoked if bled, gutted, and iced IMMEDIATELY when caught. Only problem was we couldnt seem to find them! Sad BUT-- my partner did connect with a BIG Pacific Cod , ( 12 lbs) which fights like a sack of wet cement... no worries. They are awesome for fish and chips.

Next we released a wild coho salmon (not hatchery bred) and a sockeye-- both closed to us-- damn. But we came up smelling like roses when we nailed 3 larger chinook (king) salmon. Largest was only 14 lbs-- but they fit nicely on the BBQ! Topped that off with 3 rockfish (another fish and chips fish)

Today, I went out solo with my prawn traps-- had to battle a NW wind of about 20 mph, but still managed to get my limit of 200 prawns. I know you guys dont thing 20 mph is a big deal-- but it is when you are try to precision drop traps or retrieve them! Anyway-- a couple of C L ,s makes it all better! :p
There is always one more bottle of BatJuice to be drunk, one more woman to admire, and one more fish to catch before you die! Smile
sounds like you guys are doing real good...

nuttin' doing in the surf around here-- still in the dog days of a hot hot summer.... I catch as much with my camera as I do with my surf rod Smile
Glad somebody's catching edibles. Friday the 3 smallish porgies one guy caught came up feeling like they had just come out of the fridge. Cold water on the bottom makes for a very slow bite. They did get a nice sail yesterday afternoon. We hope Danny , or its remnants, pass close enough to stir things up. ~~Greg~~
"I know you guys dont thing 20 mph is a big deal"

Ummmmmmm, I don't go out in 20 for stinky fish Cool But the prawns might be worth the effort Smile
"Fishing is an excuse to be on the water"
It sounds like a pretty good time to me, although 20 is too sporty for me these days. We have a nearly perfect day rolling in behind the front you sent us on Wednesday and I already turned in notice to skip class. A little north wind is going to be greatness. I may stop off at the local fish house on the way home and pick up my limit of shrimp. The shrimp are running hard here too and I noticed a lot of the commercial boys out trawling for them Saturday. I don't think we can bait them here.
Light easterlies here this morning. Just cleaned the boat and might go out in a bit to burn gas - fish are sparse yet. Be good to get out on the water as sitting around looking at the financial news is gonna be d@mn ugly today :eek:
"Fishing is an excuse to be on the water"
Great report, Bryan. Glad you guys got supper! It's been a couple of months since I last fished. Maybe I can go again soon!
Time's Fun When You're Having Flies!
I hear you Joe-- one of my regular partners is still in recovery after having rotator cup surgery.. Its driving him nuts that he has been told to not try to handle a pole until Xmas.. But he can still drive the boat with one arm.....
There is always one more bottle of BatJuice to be drunk, one more woman to admire, and one more fish to catch before you die! Smile
Joe/GA Wrote:Great report, Bryan. Glad you guys got supper! It's been a couple of months since I last fished. Maybe I can go again soon!

hay Joe.. that's a looooooong cast to saltwater from where you are these days...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Rainbow We lost a good dog today Mont 5 1,027 07-01-2019, 03:28 PM
Last Post: Joe/GA
  a couple of fatso's PK 2 724 04-28-2019, 04:42 PM
Last Post: SpeckTackler
  This is NOT good Jack Hexter 33 3,672 10-05-2017, 09:12 PM
Last Post: ~~Snakeman~~
  Good News!!!!! SpeckTackler 6 1,643 02-28-2017, 09:48 AM
Last Post: Joe/GA
  every once in a while, the good guys do win Mont 3 1,297 01-15-2017, 03:25 PM
Last Post: JD