Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what we woke up to this morning..
no beach today.. no sunrise today.. just white stuff.. just about all ICE.. like a hockey rink...this area is at a standstill..

a few more pics here.. http://stakeouttoo.blogspot.com/2014/01/...right.html

[Image: IMG_7891-1IcyDriveway012914.JPG]

[Image: IMG_7914-1IcyStreet012914.JPG]

[Image: IMG_7929-1StreetNoon012914.JPG]
Doesn't look like you need me to ship you the chainsaw Ray Wink We only lost one small pine. The real damage was to the hardwoods.

Stay warm
"Fishing is an excuse to be on the water"
JD Wrote:Doesn't look like you need me to ship you the chainsaw Ray Wink We only lost one small pine. The real damage was to the hardwoods.

Stay warm

the way it started icing over with freezing rain last evening it sure looked like it was gonna be a bad storm with everything bent over and snapped off like you had.. for some reason that wasn't the case this morning as more sleet came down than freezing rain overnite.. lucky I guess..

anything that melted this afternoon is re-freezing tonite..
aw, such pretty white snow and ice. It's so beautiful. I wouldn't wish that mess on anyone, but thankfully it completely missed us. From the news, I would appear Atlanta got it pretty bad. The forecasters only missed it by 800 miles. It's going into the 70's here tomorrow.
Just checked temps for Franklin, NC, southwest of you, Ray. Right at zero. Y'all can keep that stuff. It's raining here, but nowhere near freezing. ~~Greg~~
We too here in NE Florida, got lucky. The rain and drizzle was here, but no hard freeze. Did turn on the filtration system for the pool all night to be sure that no pipe problem.

I had taken Dan G to his last appointment with the Radiologist yesterday AM and when we got out of my SUV, I said we should have moved to Florida!!!! LOL. BTW his MRI showed all gone and the Dr. released him. A Blessing that all is OK.
In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made non Fishermen.
Howard/Jax Wrote:We too here in NE Florida, got lucky. The rain and drizzle was here, but no hard freeze. Did turn on the filtration system for the pool all night to be sure that no pipe problem.

I had taken Dan G to his last appointment with the Radiologist yesterday AM and when we got out of my SUV, I said we should have moved to Florida!!!! LOL. BTW his MRI showed all gone and the Dr. released him. A Blessing that all is OK.

glad Dan G is doing well.. best of luck to him

a lot of the ice in the streets has melted since it got up to a sweltering 33º this afternoon..plenty left on the ground though...had that bad snowy look in the sky all day ..and would you believe they just changed the forecast around here to Freezing Rain Warning starting this evening...
http://classic.wunderground.com/US/NC/110.html#REC
http://classic.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/...67.3.99999

all I can say is.. last year this week we were headed thru the Canal to Hawaii and Tahiti... that same ship left again this afternoon from Port Everglades.. Pat and I both looked at each other at lunch this afternoon and said.. 'what are we doing here'.. we goofed and didn't plan well.. we should have been on it... that will NEVER happen again this time of year.. this is the first year that we missed going roundtrip thru the Canal since 2008
Ummmmmm. Just leveled 4 Oleanders that froze and plopped them out for pickup (2 trailer loads). Thought for sure I was done. And now they're calling for several inches of snow-sleet-ice. We're gonna be sending it east to y'all Smile

Al Gore where are you when we need ya'?
"Fishing is an excuse to be on the water"
JD Wrote:Ummmmmm. Just leveled 4 Oleanders that froze and plopped them out for pickup (2 trailer loads). Thought for sure I was done. And now they're calling for several inches of snow-sleet-ice. We're gonna be sending it east to y'all Smile

Al Gore where are you when we need ya'?

yop.. it's that global warming...definitely...

you need the rain.. frozen or not... we don't need no stinkin' ice--snow--rain.. enuff already already

but we'll be getting rain off/on for the next 5 days or so as the forecast keeps changing bouncing back and forth.. they have no idea.... at least the temps are supposed to be around 60º a few of those days.. actually after all that ice the past few days 50's are ok too..
we shall see

the sun stayed out all day yesterday.. melted everything away.. it popped out for Sunrise this early morning.. then overcast for the rest of today.. mid 50's

[Image: IMG_7992-1SunriseSurfFoam020114.JPG]
We got over 4" Wednesday night thru Thursday night, in the middle of our dry season. At least it wasn't snow. ~~Greg~~

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Got to check the roof for leaks this morning JD 7 1,009 12-24-2015, 05:24 PM
Last Post: Howard/Jax
  Houston is doing the happy dance this morning Mont 18 1,849 10-20-2015, 01:58 PM
Last Post: Mont
  my Dad's garden made the paper this morning Mont 15 1,563 10-10-2015, 05:05 PM
Last Post: JD
  nice morning on the bay Mont 1 713 10-10-2015, 04:44 PM
  Monday morning's procedure JD 10 1,645 05-12-2015, 08:44 PM
  yesterday morning PK 1 766 04-27-2015, 09:01 PM
  500 mile road trip this morning Mont 9 1,293 12-06-2014, 06:12 PM
  it finally got us this morning brrrr... PK 9 1,171 01-29-2014, 09:55 AM
  crazy early morning temps..not nice PK 42 4,203 01-24-2014, 05:45 PM