Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wow!!!! what a find
Last night we were going to have some wine with dinner (we are not much in the way of wine drinkers). I could not find a cork screw I thought I had. But, there in the corner of my bar was this.

[Image: DSCF0007.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0]
In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made non Fishermen.
[QUOTE=Howard/Jax]Last night we were going to have some wine with dinner (we are not much in the way of wine drinkers). I could not find a cork screw I thought I had. But, there in the corner of my bar was this.

now that is a fantastic find... hats off to Patrick the Wino ExtraordinaireBig Grin
Patrick was one of a kind for sure, he just sent me that out of the Blue. He use to swear by a particular swivel and would talk about them all the time. I had never heard of them at the time and he sent me a number of packets. Who remembers what kind they were? I know I still have some.

Can never forget pictures of Patrick fishing with some of the others and him in white pants and shoes. The best was his fantasies of Shania Twain and his Beach House.
In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made non Fishermen.
I still have that cork screw to Howard. I think I won it once when Patrick was messing with Bryan.Imagine that. The beach house was a cool place where he kept the key under the Jade plant.
Life is good!
The swivels are Sampo. I have always admired them, but could never justify the expense. Looking through your pix was a trip down memory lane. Thanks! ~~Greg~~
Sampo swivels, Baxter the dog, and the wino. Man, I miss that guy and his sense of humor. He and Sal could really tell a tale.
It has been almost 20 years that we've been posting on this green board. In that time we've lost some good guys. Patrick, Sal, Capt. Dan, Jarry, Don Chesworth... Anyone remember Ben? Who else am I forgetting?
I think I joined in 98. I know the first GG gathering I went to in 99 was the second one, the GGs had. That meeting was a feast. Lobster, Monty's Steaks, Capt Dan's Salmon and I think Jack's Moose sausage. Hardly can remember too much with the Mudslides they were mixing in Monty's suite.

Wonder what ever happened to Deano? You did miss Florida Bob, in your gone list.
Tks for those memories +, Howard.

[Image: tiki2.jpg]

I had almost forgotten that one.
Good times, for sure. We really should get together again some time this spring or summer. I will never forget meeting Ray for the first time. He tried to run over me. Gregs snake demo when that one started heading my way is still vivid too. When me and BillyP walked into Howard's shop, that one was priceless too. Billy told me to "go slow, he just reached for his gun", I thought he was kidding. Good thing we went slow Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  old car ads.. find yours PK 0 781 08-03-2014, 06:39 AM
Last Post: PK