Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
crazy early morning temps..not nice
We are going to trade days on March 13-15th, Rusty. Stacy has major surgery on March 18th and will be out of commission for a while. I wanted to get some fun time in with her before all that mess starts. I am trying to arrange a chopper ride to Enchanted Rock while we are there. A ride in one is on my bucket list. I haven't ever been in one, but have always wanted to.

We got an inch of rain here yesterday morning. It was a loud storm. I thought the train had jumped the tracks again a couple of times.
I heard something about global warming. Is this it? :confused: 38 here right now and gas fireplace on!
Time's Fun When You're Having Flies!
Joe/GA Wrote:I heard something about global warming. Is this it? :confused: 38 here right now and gas fireplace on!

froze my butt off on the beach at Sunrise this morning just looking to snap a few pics.. 37º.. winds NW at 20 ....friggin' brrrrr is right.. 'what a revoltin' development this is' I need HEAT!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

That is a really good picture PK.I like it!Smile
Life is good!
SpeckTackler Wrote:That is a really good picture PK.I like it!Smile

I agree Speck, great pic there Ray! I can't even tell you were shivering! Big Grin
Time's Fun When You're Having Flies!
Joe/GA Wrote:I agree Speck, great pic there Ray! I can't even tell you were shivering! Big Grin

thanx...good thing this Canon DSLR-lens has IS (Image Stabilzation)..cuts down on the shivering movement Smile
SpeckTackler Wrote:That is a really good picture PK.I like it!Smile

thanx..

water temps dropped below 50º .. not good for the fish-ees like Speckled Trout around here.. have had fish kills in prior years when that happened..
I like that pic too, Ray. I got a $117 gas bill for last month. Never had one over $60 and most months it's $14-$20. It's been cold.
It was supposed to be 65 yesterday. But the wind was from the west across the lake and that brought cold air and desert dust. Can't even stoke a fire in the chiminea as the smoke comes right back into your face.

Cut up the last piece of oak from the ice storm. Only took three chains for the saw and a month and a half work. Was really thinking about going over to one marina that isn't land locked and renting a slip for a year to get some fishing in. But they won't rent a lift (you have to buy one) and I'm hoping not to be here for a year anyway (Mont - thanks for the input. I passed it along to the boss).

And I have a tough time getting help around here with other chores during football playoffs:

"Fishing is an excuse to be on the water"
JD Wrote:And I have a tough time getting help around here with other chores during football playoffs:

a good one.. hope his team won Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  nice day on the bay Mont 1 934 05-08-2016, 07:38 AM
Last Post: JD
  Got to check the roof for leaks this morning JD 7 1,561 12-24-2015, 05:24 PM
Last Post: Howard/Jax
  Houston is doing the happy dance this morning Mont 18 2,832 10-20-2015, 01:58 PM
Last Post: Mont
  a nice sunny day PK 2 936 10-13-2015, 06:31 AM
Last Post: PK
  my Dad's garden made the paper this morning Mont 15 2,666 10-10-2015, 05:05 PM
  nice morning on the bay Mont 1 916 10-10-2015, 04:44 PM
  Monday morning's procedure JD 10 2,207 05-12-2015, 08:44 PM
  yesterday morning PK 1 1,000 04-27-2015, 09:01 PM
  500 mile road trip this morning Mont 9 2,083 12-06-2014, 06:12 PM
Last Post: Mont
  what we woke up to this morning.. PK 41 6,128 02-10-2014, 06:23 PM
Last Post: Bryan/BC