Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Somebody's gonna get wet
Unfortunately it's not going to be north central Texas:

[Image: at201303_model.gif]
"Fishing is an excuse to be on the water"
I think SE Texas is safe too. We didn't get anything out of the latest round at the house. As soon as the yard guys get done today, I gotta get about 5000 gallons of water on the grass. We could use 6 inches today and it would still be dry. Most of the cities around here are on water restrictions. Our city's are still voluntary, but several around here are not.
At this point, I'm pretty sure the house is going on the market as soon as the lake is full. Probably next spring unless we get a tropical system in before then. That boathouse and pier isn't worth $0.10 with 150' of dirt between it and water and that's where it's heading Cool
I hear ya on market value. When the lakes around here dropped last summer, property got cheap and quick. There was a big to do about mowing what was formerly underwater past the bulk heads. That, and it all became a big attraction for the 4 wheel crowd. Lake Houston turned into a giant pasture for the most part and Lake Sommerville was a dust storm. When you start looking on the coast, keep in mind insurance has turned into a nightmare. My flood went up 14% this year and I had to jump hoops to get reasonable windstorm. It's debatable if windstorm can even pay out this year if we get hit. What we need is a slow moving tropical storm to dump about a foot of rain on the whole state at once. Even then, it would still be behind.
we don't need no more stinkin' rain...
http://classic.wunderground.com/blog/Jef...rynum=2459
The computer models are shifting west. The yellow terminus needs to stretch about 700 miles farther west and sit there for 4 or 5 days.
JD Wrote:The computer models are shifting west. The yellow terminus needs to stretch about 700 miles farther west and sit there for 4 or 5 days.

according to this on WU it should break up by the weekend.. but no matter what we are still gonna get a lotta rain--which I might add WE DON"T NEED...
http://classic.wunderground.com/blog/Jef...rynum=2460
Nahhhhh. Now it's got NC in its sights Wink PK needs mucho rain.......
Ray, are you trying to tell us something? LOL! :p
Time's Fun When You're Having Flies!
headed out before sunrise at 530am this morning.. stopped down at the beach.. uglee dirty water so I didn't even wet a line.. took some pics in a few stops I made..
http://stakeout.smugmug.com/Wildlife/Sun...222_xvQHbp

about an hour ago the rumbling turned to the wet stuff as it started for the next 5 days or so... looks like I was right-- unfortunately-- a lotta rain heading our way..

took this with my Samsung Galaxy S4 phone a lil' while ago... a 3 pic panorama of my now very wet driveway.. for those who love the rain.. you can have all this crapola you want.. I don't need no more stinkin' rain

[Image: HouseRainGalaxyS4Pano07121320130712_092316-1-XL.jpg]

p.s. the good with all of this.. I get to put off the trimming of the front yard for at least another week...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It's gonna get thirsty JD 1 1,236 08-22-2011, 04:32 PM
Last Post: Mont
  Looks like Mont's gonna get rain JD 9 1,751 06-24-2011, 04:43 PM
  one more little front and it's gonna be on Mont 7 1,720 11-25-2010, 03:23 PM
Last Post: Joe/GA
  PK's gonna get more rain JD 3 1,097 09-29-2010, 07:58 PM
Last Post: PK
  y'all are gonna have to put up with me a while longer Mont 15 3,158 02-09-2010, 12:06 PM
Last Post: JD
  she's gonna be an outboard, come Monday Mont 5 2,104 03-16-2007, 08:42 PM