Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
out to sea.. again
we're leaving for the drive down to Ft Pierce, Florida in a little while from up here in southeast North Carolina...taking a Hertz one way rental Nissan van for all of Pat's shoes-luggage!

..then heading out tomorrow morning as we board the ship and set sail on Holland America's Maasdam at 5pm for a 42 day roundtrip cruise from Ft Lauderdale,Florida down to St Maarten in the Caribbean then across the 'big pond' to the Canaries.. Casablanca.. Tangier. and up to Gibraltar..Spain... Italy.. and Portugal back down to Funchal, Madeira then across to the Bahamas and finish back in Ft Lauderdale on Nov 30th.. we did this same cruise last year when it was a 45 day cruise (pic-Arrecife,Canaries) the ship's Satellite Internet connection can sometimes be sporadic out at sea like it was on last year's Europe cruise

Sunrises and Sunsets galore..no surf fishing but I will hopefully get to fish in the Bahamas with a Charter Captain I know well...cruising is what we enjoy doing the past 22+ years in retirement....plenty of good food and travel as we celebrate our 40th Wedding Anniversary onboard... Smile Smile

[Image: IMG2669800x533-L.jpg]
Ray

The southern route should be great at this time of year. Enjoy and write home - unless you need money Smile
"Fishing is an excuse to be on the water"
Have a safe and fun trip, Ray and happy 40th. Pat should get an award for that one Wink
JD Wrote:The southern route should be great at this time of year. Enjoy and write home - unless you need money Smile

if we do half as well as last year's trip with seas and weather we'll do good.. last year's cruise had unbelievable calm seas both on the crossing going over as well as coming back......with only a light drizzle in the mornings both in Gibraltar and Naples..... strongest seas we hit were as we entered the Med thru the Straits of Gibraltar

...believe me not anywhere close to what I had crossing the 'other big pond' in April '67 on my 'first free 22 day cruise'

[Image: 693618628_QezGY-L.jpg]

[Image: 693618732_b4VG3-L.jpg]

[Image: 693619202_JUTKD-L.jpg]
Ray

I went by air on that other trip. 4x. Saw scenic places like Wake Island, Guam, Elmendorf Rolleyes

Enjoy.
"Fishing is an excuse to be on the water"
Enjoy the crooz, Ray, and honk & wave as you pass WPB on I-95 or the Turnpike. One of these trips, maybe you could leave a coupla days early & we could fish while the wiffs shop. ~~Greg~~
As always Ray have a great trip. Be safe and happy. Please give me advance notice if the pics are of any of the Buffets. Last cruise that you were on I put on 13lbs from the photos alone.

Happy 40th, that is a wonderful record. I will need Pat's full name, when I write to the Vatican about Sainthood for her. As a direct relative of Moses, I have some clout with the Pope.
In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made non Fishermen.
thanx guys.. and yop Pat is a saint for having to put up with me for 40 years.... Smile

p.s. awaiting FREE breakfast at the Holiday Inn Eggspress in Ft Pierce right now before heading down to Ft Laud..not at the Dockside this time around..have a 1 way Hertz rental Van for the trip for all of Pat's shooz Smile
Ray

Congrats to you and Pat on 40 years!I hope you guys have smooth sailing and lots of Gelato.
Life is good!
Personally, I think his first photo from this cruise is a little strange. I guess Fresca can do that
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c320/H...cruise.jpg
In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made non Fishermen.