Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Capt.
Just to let you know. Captain Dan is in Orange Park Medical Center. I had mentioned in an earlier thread, he had spent a wonderful afternoon with us, this past Sunday.

I had told him I would take him shopping this week and was about to call him yesterday evening and set up for today or Saturday. Just before I called I received a call from his dear friend Christine, informing me that he was in OPMC, with Pneumonia. I first tried his cell and got his voice message box and while I was on the phone with OPMC, he called me back. He was indeed there with Pneumonia and in severe pain from a fall he had taken a couple of months ago (never mentioned). He told me that he had fallen and landed on his Tail bone, hips and his stump. It was getting worse and Moose Haven thought it best to take him to the ER at OPMC., where he spent better then 6 hours in the ER, before they released him to a room.

I was there at around 10:30 this AM to see him. He did look frail and in pain. While I was there, a Nurse came in to take his BP. I admit that scared me as it was 197/105. The heart monitor rate, was reasonable. The Nurse called someone immediately. After a short wait, I went to the Nurse's station to ask for a soft drink for him, as he was very thirsty and while at the desk, asked about the BP. They came and did it again and it was a little lower, but still way too high. They did get from the Pharmacy a BP medication and hopefully will be getting some pain medication for him. I have been there through both amputations to his leg and he never complained about the pain, as much as today.

I will stay on top of things and more then likely go back tomorrow.

He does have his cell right with him 941-468-4275. The number for OPMC is 904-276-8500 and he is in room 417 Bed A.

I do have to tell you that one of the first things he asked about was, How is Greg doing?

Let us all be pulling for Dan.

addendum: Just spoke to Dan. The BP meds. worked and they did give him something for the pain. He sounded 100% better then when I was there. H
In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made non Fishermen.
Whew!
Sounds bad.
Thanks for the news, though, and we sure hope he recovers and starts feeling better soon.
wish him the best with a speedy recovery...prayers can't hurt.. he sure is a fighter.. hope to see him back on here soon
thanks for the update. I hope he continues to improve.
Thanks Howard. My thoughts and prayers are with him.
"Fishing is an excuse to be on the water"
We are pulling for him and a speedy recovery. He's one of the few guys around here that I can fly fish with
Howard--- please let the Capt know that Carolle and I are pulling for his recovery.. and thank you for keeping us up to date

Bryan
There is always one more bottle of BatJuice to be drunk, one more woman to admire, and one more fish to catch before you die! Smile
We are praying for you, Capt. Dan. Get well soon!
Time's Fun When You're Having Flies!
I had intended to get over to the Hospital and see Dan, Sat. But, I forgot that there was a crew coming over to put up a new Vinyl fence and gates for me. Looks great. They started the last and smallest section to complete on Sunday. About a half hour after they started, my telephone and of course Internet when down. We assumed they cut the telephone line and that is what it was. ATT got here at 2 PM yesterday and took him almost 2 and a half hours to locate the cut and make the repairs. The metal detector like wands he used was having a real problem finding. In the end of course it was one of the driven fence posts that cut it. The wire was sunk down over 2 feet deep. The tech had never seen any down further then 10" before. But all done and working other then the fence people have to come back and do some pole resetting and adjusting.

When I called Dan just now he was getting some therapy and said they were hurting him, so I will call back and then visit tomorrow.

Oh yeah, also when I came out this AM to check the pool, one of the wheels for my pressure sweeper was off and sitting on the bottom. Ran out and got the parts needed and made the repair.

So goes the empty days of us so called retired folks.Wink
In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made non Fishermen.
Spoke to Dan this evening. He was waiting a pickup from Moose Haven. He will be, for as long as needed , in the Life care center, before allowing him to go back to his regular apartment.

I will be going there tomorrow morning. Hopefully his spirits and will, will see him through this.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Annual trip with Capt Bouncer Smith Jack Hexter 0 584 04-21-2019, 09:27 PM
Last Post: Jack Hexter
  Annual trip with Capt Bouncer Smith Jack Hexter 1 866 04-07-2016, 10:39 PM
Last Post: PK
  pix of Capt Dan Jack Hexter 0 652 09-09-2015, 10:41 AM
Last Post: Jack Hexter
  Capt Ken in SWS Mag PK 4 1,237 06-23-2015, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Mont
  Yankee Capt's report Jack Hexter 4 1,235 03-17-2015, 05:22 PM
Last Post: ~~Snakeman~~