Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
starting 2012 off right-I am coming to Florida
The Red Snapper AP meets in Tampa on Jan 13 for the day. I have a PM into Greg about fishing the Mad Son the 14th (the afternoon trip). It would be good to see some of y'all again. If Greg can make the 14th PM trip happen, it would give the rest of you time to drive down/up/over to wet a line with us. Hopefully, we can get the whole boat to ourselves that afternoon. If anyone knows how to get in touch with JBF, let him know. Howard, you can take your limo down for the day. We aren't getting any younger or better looking gents.
Looks like Jan 14th is a Saturday. I would love to come down the 14th, fish the afternoon and then go to Dinner and stay somewhere close for the night, then drive back to Jax on Sunday. If we can do, count me in.

This was 2001 Guys.

[Image: tiki2.jpg]
In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made non Fishermen.
so where would I have to fly into???? Sounds like a good time to be out of the NW. Maybe I can get Bat Breath to come too.
Zane
BJ and I were planning on going over to look at Naples & Marco Island this spring. It's possible, but too early to tell, we could get over that way for the 14th. Have to see what cheap flights are available.

I haven't wet a line since June so I'm ready.
"Fishing is an excuse to be on the water"
Would love to join the gang..... HOWEVER, The family is booked into Orlando next May to spend time with Mickey and the grandkids. It pretty much uses up all my future Florida time.. But ya'll have fun. ( Did I spell "ya'll" right? I am trying to blend in! LOL!)
There is always one more bottle of BatJuice to be drunk, one more woman to admire, and one more fish to catch before you die! Smile
Mont: I will secure the boat for the afternoon of the 14th. I can contact JBF & will. Maximum they can take is six. One possibility for a 7th is if I go as crew.

~~Greg~~
Kewl beans, I am going to make some flight reservations this week then. Dan, you can fly into PBI or FLL, but the PBI flight usually lays over in Tampa. I am flying into Tampa for the meeting, driving over to West Palm Beach that Friday evening and will be flying back out of FLL on that Sunday morning. There's a non stop that leaves at 11:45 and FLL is only about an hour south of West Palm for $267. I will get in touch with Billy P and see if he can come down for the trip too. Sarge is retarded now, so I will see if he can swing it.
I priced the tickets for the 2 of us and it's over $1100 r/t even with seniors discount. I'm spending $10k tomorrow morning on an oral surgeon Sad plus property taxes are due in January Sad so I may have to stick to my original plan to drive there in the spring.

Sooooooo, don't save 2 positions on a six pack charter just for us.

I'll catch up eventually.
"Fishing is an excuse to be on the water"
Dan, I understand. I have 5 grand due myself in January on the house. If you get to jonesing, the skiff or the big boat are yours to use anytime. It's just a truck ride down and back to the salt. We have a ton of brand new hotels right around here that are cheap. In fact, me and Sarge are going Monday. I took a rare day off Wink

I heard from Billy P and he's going to try and make it. Greg called and the boat is secured. I am going to buy my plane tickets this weekend, and when it gets a little closer, get Greg to find us a hotel. The one I stayed at last time was fine, but I have no idea of which one it was at this point.
This is one I really want to go to,but I need to find someone to stay with my wife.It is still to soon to leave her by herself.So I am a maybe.:confused: I will be a last minute decision.....I hate those taxes ,but I payed the taxes for both houses off already.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hey Green guys in Florida! Joe/GA 2 894 01-19-2015, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Joe/GA
  Looking for Florida Charter Boat advice.... Eddie 7 1,040 08-09-2014, 10:17 PM
Last Post: Eddie
  Florida Bluefin ~~Snakeman~~ 12 1,925 06-11-2013, 10:21 AM
Last Post: Bryan/BC
  okay you wonderful Florida guys.. PK 25 2,590 05-25-2013, 08:02 AM
  are you Florida guys kiddin'me.. PK 2 914 01-18-2013, 09:24 AM
Last Post: Howard/Jax
  North Texas White Christmas 2012 JD 5 1,250 12-28-2012, 06:36 AM
  Santa is coming early today JD 6 1,229 12-20-2012, 09:51 PM
Last Post: SpeckTackler
  is Sandy going to affect you Florida guys any? Mont 5 1,317 10-26-2012, 02:11 PM
Last Post: ~~Snakeman~~
  Okay who's the wise guys from Florida PK 9 1,127 05-20-2012, 06:21 PM
Last Post: PK
  looks like you south Florida GG's are getting some rain soon Mont 56 6,238 08-28-2011, 11:45 AM
Last Post: dans/fl2