Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wild couple of days.....
:eek:

Yesterday, we had a gale warning up all day. This morning it was upgraded to a storm warning... 40-50 knots.. and even that wasnt a big enough warning. The lite station at Chrome Island, just a 1/2 hr run from where I launch recorded gusts to 100 knots around 2pm . We were without power for 6 hrs ... but at least it wasnt 6 days like last year.

Wave heights were in the 7-9 ft range, but I bet the idiots who were out trying to surf in the foam must have thought the waves were MUCH bigger!! :eek: :eek:
There is always one more bottle of BatJuice to be drunk, one more woman to admire, and one more fish to catch before you die! Smile
I'd have thought that winds around 100 mph would generate higher seas than 7 to 9 feet. Regardless, that's certainly a good day to stay off the water. I have been out in stuff like that..and worse, but it ain't fun.

~~Greg~~
What appeared to happen was that it was a very fast moving storm. Since it was hitting the inside waters, rather than the west coast of Vancouver Island, it didnt have much chance to ramp up large waves, and apparently the wind when it was at its max height was knocking the tops off the waves. Off the west coast of Vancouver Island waves and swells were reported at 30 ft with no more than the same wind velocities... but of course there was the whole reach of the north Pacific to account for that!

For a while the ferry service between Vancouver island and the mainland of BC were cancelled.... as for me-- I just cranked up the old Homelite generator and watched it all on TV!!!
There is always one more bottle of BatJuice to be drunk, one more woman to admire, and one more fish to catch before you die! Smile
Bryan/BC Wrote::eek:

Yesterday, we had a gale warning up all day. This morning it was upgraded to a storm warning... 40-50 knots.. and even that wasnt a big enough warning. The lite station at Chrome Island, just a 1/2 hr run from where I launch recorded gusts to 100 knots around 2pm . We were without power for 6 hrs ... but at least it wasnt 6 days like last year.

Wave heights were in the 7-9 ft range, but I bet the idiots who were out trying to surf in the foam must have thought the waves were MUCH bigger!! :eek: :eek:
I thought you might have moved to the east coast with a storm like thatBig Grin
Ray

Wow, that's some wicked winds for sure. I wish we could get some of that rain down this way. It's going for 97 degrees again today.
It must be Fall......Don't ya just love the northwest this time of year?

Actually I do love this time of year but I don't get out in the boat a lot either.
yes-- going to miss the combat fishing for chums at Campbell River this year, as we head for New York shortly and then in a few days ,on a Princess cruise to Quebec City . Carolle has wanted to see the fall colors on the eastern seaboard for a long time.. This year its her turn.

I doubt if I can squeeze even one days fishing in.... Oh well......
Vacation with the wiff..to a location of her choosing..and zero fishing? You are a saint..and you should be banking mucho points.

~~Greg~~
Hey PK!!! Batbreath in NYC?????? There goes the Neighborhood.:p
In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made non Fishermen.
Well, I have to say it will be interesting.. but at least the mid-town hotel we are staying at (the St James) has been certified bed bug free. Its on W. 45th St. a few blocks from Times Square. Supposed to have two very good delis just out side the hotel. On Sunday we will be taking a bus tour to DC to see the politicians who are screwing up the world economy..... oh oh-- cant say that can I?!! But it will be interesting to see the capitol that I have heard so much about. the next day , we are doing the hop on, hop off tourist bus thing in NYC. We used them extensively in Italy and found it was a great way to get a quick picture of the city.

Wish we had more time to explore, but this is Mommas turn to go where she likes.... and I will get my Sainthood for not fishing on this trip I am sure...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  a couple of fatso's PK 2 1,409 04-28-2019, 04:42 PM
Last Post: SpeckTackler
  Wild and wet fishing day trip ! Bryan/BC 9 3,588 08-07-2016, 09:07 PM
Last Post: Bryan/BC
  Been a pretty good couple of days Bryan/BC 8 2,435 08-30-2015, 05:01 AM
Last Post: PK
  House on the market for 1 year 8 days JD 10 3,261 08-26-2015, 11:34 PM
Last Post: SpeckTackler
  Speaking of birth days... ~~Snakeman~~ 9 2,031 03-02-2014, 01:33 PM
Last Post: Bryan/BC
  Howard...the 'good old days'... Coney Island.. PK 2 1,476 04-21-2013, 04:29 PM
Last Post: PK
  Some days JD 7 1,956 04-14-2012, 02:42 PM
Last Post: Zane
  Just a couple of a new system for bleeding and filleting on board Bryan/BC 8 3,374 07-29-2011, 10:26 PM
Last Post: ~~Snakeman~~
  going hawg wild in Cozumel Mont 7 2,399 11-04-2010, 08:12 PM
Last Post: Mont
  a couple of the latest critters around here Mont 12 3,963 12-14-2009, 09:33 PM
Last Post: Mont