Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
looks like you south Florida GG's are getting some rain soon
Everyone over here is rooting for Irene to hook a hard left, it's so dry. I have had both hoses running for 5 hours straight trying to get enough on my lawn to bring it back to life. Me and Sarge and his buddy from NY took a run out to Redfish yesterday and it took a half of a bottle of batjuice just to get us rehydrated. I guess this will be the first one since old Ike gave us hell 3 years ago. Y'all stay safe and keep your powder dry. Like my buddy in New Orleans says, "put the toilet paper on the top shelf".
We could use the rain, Mont, but not as much as y'all can, so I'm hopin' it hangs a left as well. Besides, if it keeps headin' this way, it'll keep me from fishin' Friday morning. ~~Greg~~
~~Snakeman~~ Wrote:We could use the rain, Mont, but not as much as y'all can, so I'm hopin' it hangs a left as well. Besides, if it keeps headin' this way, it'll keep me from fishin' Friday morning. ~~Greg~~

gottta hang a RIGHT.. plus we don't need no stinkin rainBig Grin
Greg, forget about fishing FRI. Just figure on setting on the veranda and having a few cold ones. Ray, Get out your rain gear. Dan
dans/fl2 Wrote:Greg, forget about fishing FRI. Just figure on setting on the veranda and having a few cold ones. Ray, Get out your rain gear. Dan

Capt Dan... looks like you'll be doing some water skiiing on that new leg in the front yard at Moose Haven with all the rains you'll be getting FIRST.. before us... we got blasted last nite with some heavy t-storms... enuff already-- already

the 'models' sure don't look good
http://classic.wunderground.com/tropical...ml#a_topad

http://classic.wunderground.com/tropical...ml#a_topad
The model I just saw on NOAA looks like it will hit land just North of you PK. Get to Crooklyn in a hurry.

Same model tells me we will get lots of rain. I hope it keeps heading North and then makes a turn to the East.

But, getting the generators ready anyway.
In the first place, God made idiots. That was for practice. Then he made non Fishermen.
I heard that there might be a storm brewing somewhere. But here at Mooseheven we don't care, it's some elses job to take care of us.
```````````````````Dan~~~~~~Cool
y'all be sure to stock up on batjuice and chainsaws. One of the forecasts calls for it to hit Long Island. Looks like Sarge left just in time Wink
Ray
Better hunker down or leave. Looks like it's got a bullseye on you
[Image: at201109_5day.gif]
according to this on WU...it sure looks like we're 'on target'... here we go again...
http://classic.wunderground.com/blog/Jef...rynum=1892

as usual a few models showing different scenarios all of which puts us right on the middle.. and from that article
Forecast models and adaptive observations
The different forecast models are in rough agreement until Irene nears the Carolinas. The dynamical hurricane forecasting models, GFDL and HWRF, have Irene making landfall near Charleston, SC. NGFDL (a variant of the GFDL that uses NOGAPS for background conditions) has landfall near Morehead City, NC, and the GFS has Irene crossing the Outer Banks. The UKMET forecast track splits the difference, placing Irene near Myrtle Beach, SC at landfall.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Get your rain suit ready, Mont! Joe/GA 18 1,860 09-05-2017, 11:37 AM
Last Post: SpeckTackler
  A little rain JD 5 1,582 12-09-2016, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Bryan/BC
  our 30% chance of rain is sure wet Mont 5 1,561 05-16-2016, 08:58 AM
Last Post: JD
  ugh.. more rain PK 5 1,059 09-26-2015, 08:47 AM
Last Post: Mont
  Headin' south JD 10 1,646 09-17-2015, 07:10 AM
  rain rain go away PK 3 1,105 07-05-2015, 10:17 PM
Last Post: Jack Hexter
  South eastern NC JD 4 1,288 02-22-2015, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Howard/Jax
  Hey Green guys in Florida! Joe/GA 2 1,094 01-19-2015, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Joe/GA
  I hope y'all get about a foot of rain JD Mont 6 1,365 11-07-2014, 03:35 PM
  Well not every trip South is a winner Jack Hexter 10 2,163 09-16-2014, 04:14 AM
Last Post: Zane